by John D. Fitzgerald. Adapted for the stage by Rodger D. Sorensen.
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, LDS & Other Church Groups)
Papa Married a Mormon is like a family patchwork quilt worn threadbare from use. It becomes more familiar and warm each time you pick it up and wrap yourself in it. Like a quilt, Sorensen’s theatrical adaptation brings us close to these characters — who are not threadbare at all — and wraps us in the kindness of their charitable lives. It asks questions about tolerance and brotherly love. The story is told from the viewpoint of JD Fitzgerald, who grew up in Price, Utah in a family with a Catholic papa and a Scandinavian Mormon mama. Can this house, often divided against itself, stand? Definitely! With Papa and Mama at the helm, even with their different religions, they successfully raise a wonderful family.
- Company of 15 actors, 9M 6F
- Simple settings with props
- Period costumes
- ORDER # 2035
Available for ALL producing groups.
- The Perusal Pages File (in PDF format) can be read by clicking PapaMarriedAMormonPERUSAL It contains the first act of the script.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE:
- Script in PDF format — Order #2035a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2035d : $65
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2035e : $55
- Professional Performance License can be granted by filling out the Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Premiered at Brigham Young University
Production Photo from the BYU production, 2004.
From the catalog of