(For performance by Professional, College/University, Amateur and Community groups.)
This play imaginatively derives from real incidents that occurred when the Shah of Iran was deposed in 1941 by the theocratically dominated factions that now govern that country’s people. But he did not leave the country until 1953. What the play imaginatively treats are the Shah’s actual thoughts and his possible reaction while dying and in exile. Parables from the Middle East and India are extensively employed in the script as commentary on his circumstances and, more broadly, on the world’s realpolitik, which never seems to change. The issues of this hard-hitting play are just as timely and at home on the stage today as they were in the 1950s. Totalitarian regimes rise and fall and rise again.
NOTE: The artwork at the left is a facsimile of the flag of Cyrus the Great, of Persia. An Immortal.
- 4M 2F.
- One Interior.
- About 90 minutes.
- Order #3107
Available for production!
- The PERUSAL PAGES file for The Immortal will be available by clicking ImmortalPERUSAL The PDF file is the first act of the play and all other pertinent information about the play.
- This and other plays by Thomas F. Rogers may be read in the new publication: The Plays of Thomas F. Rogers Volume 2 : Personal Journeys, is available containing SEVEN titles: Frére Lawrence, Gentle Barbarian, The Immortal, The Seagull, Siegfried Idyll, The Wager, and A Good Man Is Hard To Find (a short play), all dealing with personal struggles, choice, accountability and consequences. The entire Volume 2 is available HERE for $16.00 (saving $3.99 off the list price).
- Volume 1 of The Plays of Thomas F. Rogers : Perestroika and Glasnost (the FIVE plays included are: Charades, Crime and Punishment, God’s Fools, The Idiot, and The Second Priest. You can purchase the FIVE play volume HERE and get to read Tom Rogers’ plays about Russia before, during and after Communism.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3107a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3107d : $65
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3107e : $55
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Coming Soon
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
a play by
Thomas F. Rogers
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The Immortal is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the Catalog of